It was great. His Dad dropped him off so he could get some diapers and we got a chance to play with him. We took him into the backyard where he enjoyed watching his Uncle Raju rake the leaves. His favourite toy is Elmo but Raju really tried to get him enjoy Spiderman.After they left, it was time to pick up our car from the service appointment. Along the way we stopped in at Marty Millionaire on Queen. It's a furniture store that is packed with furniture. I had never been in it before so we decided to check it out. Surprisingly both Raju and I saw some furniture we thought would be pretty cool in our back kitchen.
It would be like a diner. Of course we can't afford this right now, but one day.....Later on in the evening we headed back that way to meet up with Kim, Derek, Trish and Greg, Di and Gerwyn. We started with a few drinks and snacks at Di's house and then went to Weezies for dinner. It was a really nice evening to catch up. Of course I had a bit to drink (well, just 3 drinks but that's a lot for me) so I woke up a bit groggy this morning.
Today was one of spontaneity. I cleaned the bathrooms and then Raju and I went for a walk to Gerrard Square. I had a list but didn't really stick to it. At Winner's Raju was buying shoes so I decided to try some on just because. Well, of course that was my downfall because then I wanted to buy them so I did. Then we went to food basics and picked up some food for a spur of the moment BBQ we decided to put on. Suzi, Abbas, Jay, Jenn and Talia joined us for a feast.
Of course I tried a couple of other recipes from my cookbook (Mac and Cheese and Chocolate Pecan cookies.
The menu
Salad
Bread
Mac and Cheese
Lamp chops
Honey Garlic chicken wings
Stuffed zuchhini
and Portobello mushrooms with cream cheese, garlic and cherry tomatoes.
Dessert:
Chocolate Pecan cookies
Apple Pie and ice-cream
Whew.....I'm stuffed just reading about it.
As I was cleaning up and putting chairs back downstairs I heard a noise at the window. Remember the raccoon from Thursday? I think it's making a little home near our downstairs window. Something we are going to have to take care of I suppose or we're going to have some unwanted pets.
No comments:
Post a Comment