Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sunny Saturdays

I always find the weird thing about Easter weekend is that the only day everything is open is on the Saturday. It's like we have a nice long weekend, but one day is busy because that's when the stores are open. I guess if I was organized I would do everything beforehand and not have to worry about rushing out, but I'm not that organized so out I went. I woke up early and headed to the grocery store at 7:30a.m. It was nice and quiet just he way I like it. The only problem is that not everything is out yet, but at least what I wanted was available. I returned home and started preparing stuff for Easter lunch that we were having at Fariena's.
I made a shrimp pasta and rice krispie eggs (see picture).
We left home at 12:30p.m., made a quick stop for gas and then were on our way. I wasn't sure how the highway would be but was pleasantly surprised. We got to Fariena's in good time.
Camilla arrived shortly after me. While Russ and the boys took the kids to the park, Camilla and I headed to Erin Mills Parkway. I needed to stock up on Bath and Bodyworks soap and also wanted to go to a Walmart for toilet paper, paper towels etc. There wasn't a Walmart, but Zellers was in the mall and that was good enough for me. It seems like it has been such a long time since I've been in a mall. Since I don't walk through the Eaton Centre anymore to get home I rarely go there. The mall wasn't crazy busy (although the parking lot was packed) so it was nice to not have to fight any crowds. We only stopped in one other store that Camilla really likes (Cassis) and bought matching tops.
We got back in time for lunch. BBQ chicken, shrimp pasta, cream corn, and mashed potatoes. There was supposed to be stuffing but we forgot about it. For dessert we had apple pie and ice cream. We then left around 6:00p.m. On the way home, we stopped at Raju's work for him to pick up a few items. He received a new Dance Dance for the Wii. It's perfect for me. It's the Disney version. There are 2 dance pads with it, which means anytime anyone wants to come over for a dance off...feel free. I warn you that I am pretty bad, so it won't be hard to beat me. It's interesting how Disney songs become dance songs :)
Now I'm going to settle into the couch and watch Independence Day!

No comments: