Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Preparing for the summer

As we anxiously await summer weather I realize that my body is not ready for it. A fact that was very apparent while on vacation (believe me, you will not find many pictures of me in my bathing suits). I have acquired many fitness instruments over time so it was time to bring them out.
Sunday I got back into Wii Fit. I spent half an hour stepping, boxing and doing sit-ups and then it was another 1/2 hour on Dance Dance Revolution trying to burn 200 calories. I did feel like I had a workout and on Monday when I woke up I felt it too. Since I didn't want to strain myself I walked to and from work (1.5 hrs in total - something I haven 't done in a while) on Monday and thought that was good enough.
On Tuesday I brought the trampoline downstairs and bounced on it for 20 minutes while watching TV.
Today Raju stopped by Rogers and rented Jillian Michaels 2009 Bootcamp (for the Wii). I just finished trying out a 15 min weight loss workout plus a 10 minute weight training workout. They were ok but I think didn't really register all of my movements. At least it was something different and the workouts were created so I didn't have to stop and pick my exercises on my own. It's a 7 day rental so I'll see how the next week goes. Raju saw another Wii fitness game called Gold's Gym Cardio workout. We'll try that one after the Jillian Michael one and see which one is better. I'm not sure there is going to be a better one, I think if there are many available it gives you a chance to switch things up a bit and not get bored.
Wish me luck on keeping my motivation up.

1 comment:

Camilla said...

I'm EXHAUSTED just reading this blog!!!