I must say that we picked a good week to return from vacation. I just had to get through 4 days. Actually it felt like it was 2 because I was training for 2 days, and when I train, I really don't know what else is going on.
Today I managed to sleep in until 8:30a.m. Usually on weekends I'm up by 7:00a.m. so this was an extra bonus. It may have been because Raju slept on the couch and I wasn't awakened by his snoring.
After I roused myself out of bed and had some breakfast I started the process of making hot cross buns. My Mom always made them on Easter weekend. She is in Miami so it's up to me to make them. During one of the rising periods I did a half hour workout with Jillian Michaels. It was ok but still not too challenging. I'm sticking with it for the week though and then I'll try out a new one. After my workout I kneaded my dough and let it rise again. During the second rise Raju and I went for a walk to Leslieville. I thought it was really far away but it wasn't too bad. We stopped at this little corner store on the way back and Raju picked up some sausages while I got a chicken schnitzel sandwich (it was delicious). Once we got back home I did the final knead and shaping of my hot cross buns. They were finally finished at 3:00p.m. I packed some fresh out of the oven ones and we hopped in the car and headed to my in-laws for dinner. The roads weren't bad so the driving was smooth sailing. We had pakoras, butter chicken, chickpeas, cauliflower and roti. All quite good and very filling. Afterwards we popped in to see Camilla for a quick visit. I hadn't seen Ryan in a while so I didn't want him to forget what I looked like.
We got home, and started watching TV. Raju headed out to a party around 10:30p.m. but I stayed in because at that time of the evening all I want to do is crawl into bed.
It was definitely a Good Friday indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment