Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Hills are alive....

It's not often that Raju and I go to musicals. Mainly because he is not a musical person. So when he said that he would be willing to see The Sound of Music I jumped on the chance and bought tickets. After work, he met me and we went to Il Fornello's for dinner. That was 'our' restaurant way, way, back when we were first going out. I'm not sure eating pasta is the best way to go before seeing a theatre production though as it tends to make you sleepy.
We got to the theatre and found our seats, which weren't bad (Orchestra). It was a pretty good production. The sets were pretty amazing and the singing wasn't bad either. I did think some of the acting was a bit much but overall a very good play. It's always interesting to see how something is adapted from one type of entertainment to another. I find it's the same when a book becomes a movie. Something gets lost in the adaptation. This did closely follow the movie but I wonder if I hadn't seen the movie if I would have been able to follow it.

No comments: