Last night Sally and Di came over for some nice relaxing girl time. We had a very laid back evening, with drinks on the deck, Wii Fit and a little bit of chick flick watching (Raising Helen). And of course Girl Talk. While they were over, I heard my doorbell and banging on the door. I came down to see who it was thinking that someone must be in trouble. It turned out to be my next door neighbour who I had never met before. She was in need of some money so being the good neighbour I lent her some.
This morning, Raju and I were still in bed when again we heard the doorbell ring and banging on the door. I didn't bother to get up because I thought it must be our neighbour again returning the money. Well, eventually the wrapping stopped and a few minutes later we heard banging on our second floor window. This did prompt us to get out of bed and investigate. Raju could see a piece off wood being banged on the window. Apparently our neighbour really wanted to get in touch with us. Not long after we had wandered downstairs she was back again. She was not looking to return the money, but instead wanted some more. I told her that we did not have any and sent her on her way.
Raju and I decided that it was such a nice day, we were not participating in the street sale but we would see what everyone else had, but first it was off to brunch. We sat on the patio and enjoyed ourselves and then headed back home. First we stopped at the Art Walk Sale in the park and then stopped at various street sales. When we got back we chatted with some neighbours across the street. The wife had also lent money to our neighbour and warned us not to lend her anymore.
All in all though, I loved walking around this morning. We live in a great neighbourhood with much to see. I'd love to do some research to see how it has progressed over the years. Then I'll probably decorate my house with some old archives.
Off I go to get ready to meet the new Streeter baby.
1 comment:
Every neighbourhood needs its local "crazy lady". At least you know its not YOU!
Post a Comment