Yesterday, like Sally, I happened upon Mille Femmes at BCE place. I didn't have a chance to go through all 1000 pictures but did see Holly Lewis' picture as I was walking by.
Last night, Raju continued his rounds for Luminato and we ended up at Yonge/Dundas square for Bollywood night. You know how much I love those brown events. It was packed and with lots of people from other cultures. After a few minutes of watching the dance lesson we headed to Hard Rock for dinner.
After we ordered Raju got on his blackberry to submit his blog story (check it out at http://thestar.blogs.com/luminato/). That was fine as I was people watching, but after that he proceeded to message with his sister. Now, don't you think it's a little rude for people to be on their cell phones or blackberries for extended periods of time when they are out with you? Raju was fortunate to avoid that discussion as just as we were getting into it our food arrived. Along with our food arriving, our waiter proceeded to tell us that it took 45 minutes and that was unacceptable (something Raju and I hadn't even noticed). He informed us that a manager would be over to speak with us and do something for us as we should only have waited 15 minutes (that's their policy) for our food. He came over a couple of times to reiterate this and couldn't understand why we weren't angry. I couldn't figure out why he wanted us to be angry. Anyway it resulted in 15% being taken off our total bill (which our waiter also found unacceptable, he thinks we shouldn't have had to pay at all...but he's just a "lowly server"). In retrospect, Raju feels if we had acted angry we may have gotten a bigger discount. I was just confused about the whole situation.
After dinner, Ron, Raju's friend, had joined us so we headed back to the Bollywood event. We only stayed long enough for Raju and Ron to have a beer and then we headed back to our house. Of course as we walked to get a cab, we saw some sort of crowd standing outside the AMC theatre. It turns out some guy had locked himself in the bathroom and it was rumoured he had a gun. The cops were all standing by the bathrooms and they were not allowing anyone into the theatre or to Jack Astors (it's new and has a great patio overlooking Yonge/Dundas square). I haven't heard anything about it on the news today, so I guess I'll have to do some research.
No comments:
Post a Comment