Monday, June 16, 2008

MMVA's

After years of Raju going to the Much Music Video Awards to cover it and hearing about it, I asked if I could join him this year. After some checking Raju was able to get me in with him.
What is a girl to wear to such an event? I kept it simple with black jeans and a pink top, but my shoes were about style and not comfort. Imagine wearing these for several hours.





We got there around 7:30p.m. and were taken through the back corridors into the building where there was food and drinks aplenty. I took a liking to some SkyVodka concoction that just tasted like fruit juice to me.
We bumped into friends of Raju's and hung out with them. Girlicious walked right by me at one point but I was not quick enough to get my camera out and take a picture. I did however, get a picture with the winner of best Independent Video. I felt bad for him because they did not get him to the stage in time to accept his award so he did not get to say an acceptance speech.





The real highlight of my evening was bumping into one of Raju's friends, Kevin. He is a PR guy that I met a while ago at a bar opening I attended with Raju. For some reason I have developed a crush on him. I thought it was a secret crush, but it's not so secret when someone tells them (thanks Raju).
It was a fun evening but eventually the crowds got to me and we left. Next year....comfortable shoes and take the next day off work!

No comments: