Friday, June 13, 2008

Boat Cruise


Today we had our company boat cruise. I was a little worried about the weather as the weathermen were calling for rain. We were fortunate though and it held off until the evening.
It was a fun day. This year we had "So you think you can dance?" Anna, a girl who works with me in Training and her partner won the competition.
I thought all the couples were very brave to get up and dance in front of everyone. Not something I would do.
The boat returned early (3:30p.m.) so I had Raju meet me at Harbourfront and we headed to Oasis (Gretsky's patio) to continue drinking with people from work. Suzi and her friend Heather met us and Raju's friend Chris came as well. After a couple of hours, we left and came home so that Chris could see our new house. After a tour we headed over to a Star BBQ. It was just a few streets over so we walked. After hanging out there for a while Raju and I decided to leave. Of course, it was at this point it decided to start raining, thundering and lightening. We tried to wait it out but in the end decided to walk home. Rain is just water after all. It has been a long time since I walked in the rain. The funny thing is, the front of me got drenched while the back of me was completely dry. Regardless, I was happy to get home and change into dry clothes. Then it was into bed for me. After a day of drinking I had lost my steam and needed my beauty sleep. It's nice to know that I'm not so old yet, and was able to hold my own for a day of drinking.

No comments: