Sunday, June 22, 2008

A weekend at the cottage



After much badgering from Raju we decided to head up to PC's parents cottage (now their home) for the weekend. We headed up straight after work. PC directed me on a route up the Bayview extension and then onto the DVP. We were fortunate to miss extremely heavy traffic and make it up to 12 mile lake in Carnarvon at a decent hour (8:30ish).
It is a lovely home that sleeps 12 comfortably.
Saturday Raju and I woke up and headed down to the dock. It was a beautiful morning, with the sun shining and the water calm. Once everyone else rose up we headed for breakfast at a cute little restaurant up the street. They had the best hash browns I have ever tasted. After that we headed to the grocery store to pick up fixings for lunch. Back at the homestead, Raju decided he was going to brave the cold waters and take a short dip. What a short dip it was (2 minutes maybe).
PC took us out for a quick boat ride around the lake where we saw some other beautiful cottages.
I also got some quality reading time in this weekend. Lately I feel like there is always something to do and I never have a chance to read. I managed to finish an entire novel this weekend.
Anyway...Saturday night after dinner we decided to play some games. The first was one of Croconos. I had never played it before. After 2 rounds we had to stop as my fingers were sore. I think it's kind of like a table version of curling. Once this stopped, Taboo fun began....well it was mostly fun. PC got a little too into it and was a little harsh on his wife. However, things were smoothed over and we continued with the game. I'm not much of a game player but quite enjoyed these ones.
This morning, we woke up nice and early. After packing up we headed out for home, but first had to stop for breakfast again at the restaurant we had breakfast on Saturday. After that it was homeward. With no traffic we made pretty good time and were home by 1:15p.m. After a quick shower Raju and I decided to go for a walk to Riverdale Park. I've wanted to go for awhile but we have not had the chance. It was nice, we even managed to check out the farm.
The perfect end to the weekend was a scrumptious dinner from Spring Rolls.

No comments: