Monday, June 2, 2008

More entertaining

Friday night Raju and I put on our entertaining caps again and made dinner for my cousins. It was nice because we only had 2 people over (instead of the normal 10 - 30). It was so relaxing and laid back and much Wii playing was going on. We took our turns with Wii Fit, Mario Kart, New blood (surgery) and Wii Play. It really was an enjoyable evening. Our guests left at 1:30a.m. but I didn't even realize it was that late.
Saturday, I puttered around the house trying to get my kitchen in order because my brand new baby arrived. That's right, we got a dishwasher. I haven't run it as yet - that's tonight's excitement. I still have to remind myself that I don't have to do the dishes and can put them in the dishwasher. This will save me time to do other fun stuff, like plan other entertaining events. Speaking of which, I'm hosting WND on July 23rd (stamped it, called it -or whatever that childhood saying is).
Sunday I made dinner for my family as they were arriving back from Florida. I picked up my parents from Fariena's house and heard just a little bit about the trip. I think the thing the kids enjoyed most was the pool at the house they were staying at. I guess not everyone loves Disney as much as I do.
Our weekend ended with a 50th wedding anniversary party. It's amazing to see as now and days when people make it to 10 years you think it's a big accomplishment. Just 49 1/2 years (as per my husband I can't do math - it's 48 1/2 years. I guess I was still thinking we were in our honeymoon phase..ha!ha!) until Raju and I reach the Golden Year :)

1 comment:

Rags said...

Um. Your math is off. i believe it's 48.5 years.We've been married longer than half a year. Or actually, if you want to get technical, its 48 years and 152 days, but who's counting? ;P