Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween

It's funny, but I don't really Halloween too much as a child. I vaguely remember trick or treating and being scared at a few houses, and my Mom picking out the candy she wanted or didn't want us to eat and handing it out again. I do remember trying to make my candy last as long as possible so I would still have some while my sister's ran out, but I really can't remember the act of going to people's doors and asking for candy.
At the condo we never got anybody and prior to that at the apartment building we didn't hand out candy. Last year, we handed out candy for about an hour and then headed out. Tonight I'm in for the evening but I think that we don't have the calling card that let's kids know to visit. We have had some, but I've noticed many people just walking by. The door is open and the front porch light is on, but apparently it still looks dark and scary. Next year I think we'll need to put a pumpkin on our porch to let people know we're here and maybe even sit on the porch.
I'm only keeping shop open for a little while longer and then I'm closing up. It's getting a little chilly to be keeping the door open.
Hope you all have a Happy Halloween!

No comments: