Friday, October 9, 2009

A Celebration

Last night we all gathered to celebrate Di and Gerwyn's engagement. I provided the venue but had lots of help from the girls with the food (see Mel's post for the menu). I like to find excuses to entertain and it had been a while since we had. With my new Cricut I made a Congratulations sign. I hope the soon to be newlyweds used it for their housewarming party after their wedding :).
I also got to meet Little Eric (Ev and Stu's baby). He is tiny and absolutely adorable. For most of the evening he was sound asleep all snuggled in his car seat. After I had finished ensuring all the food was out for dinner and we ate I begged Stu to take him out so I could have a cuddle. It was very nice. He was an angel and very well behaved.
As a sign of getting older, everyone left at a reasonable time and after the clean-up we were in bed by 11:30p.m. Just an hour after my bed-time.
Now it's Friday night of the long weekend. I am looking forward to a relaxing evening and then tomorrow it's errands and preparing for Thanksgiving lunch which we are hosting on Sunday.
Happy Gobble Gobble everyone!

1 comment:

Princess Di said...

Thanks for all your hard work Saads, as usual, it was another fantastic party!