Sunday, October 25, 2009

Time with Friends

It was really nice this weekend to get out and spend some time with friends.
Saturday morning started off with Diana coming over for brunch before we headed out on our 'road trip' to Langdon Hall in Cambridge. She was nice enough to bring over a fruit salad and bacon (for the pig eaters). I contributed to brunch by making french toast.

After our bellies were full we got into the car, stopped for gas and went to meet Trish and Kim for spa treatments and high tea. It has been a really long time since we have gotten together as a group so it was great to catch up. Tea was nice (the company was better), but I have to admit that I prefer the afternoon tea at Royal York. I hear Windsor Arms is also nice, but haven't checked it out as yet. Is this a sign of old age, that I'm more interested in tea places than bars? See Diana's blog for pictures.

I got home and had a bit of a rest before heading out to OddFellows (at Queen and Shaw) for a birthday dinner for Raju's friend's wife. I had steak and fries which was really good, but we ate late (10:30p.m.). That's past my bedtime. Again, there were people here I hadn't seen in a long time, so it was nice to catch up with them as well. I hit my wall at 11:30p.m. and little old me had to head home for my beauty rest.

This morning, after acupuncture, I went to Fariena's house for a little visit. The kids were amusing as usual. Callum was busy making a haunted house out of a cardboard box and Kira had some stories about something or another.
As it always is on Sunday, it's time to mentally prepare for the week.

No comments: