Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Today we hosted Thanksgiving lunch/dinner. We don't have turkey but always a lot of food. I also asked for help with the menu this year as sometimes it's a bit exhausting to do it all on your own.
Here's what we ended up with.
Appetizers:
Samosas
Pakoras
Plaintain Chips
Polowrie (fried ground split pea balls)
Stuffed mushrooms

Main:
Braised lamb chops (courtesy of William Sonoma cookbook - did not disappoint)
Crab curry (Mom Rayman)
Fish curry (Mom Mudhar)
Chicken Mushroom lasagna (Camilla)

Sides:
Rice
Glazed carrots (again another William Sonoma favourite)
Salad
Dinner rolls (from William Sonoma baking book)

Dessert
Red Velvet cupcakes (courtesy of Mel from Thursday)
Apple Pie pockets (tools from William Sonoma)
Cheesecake (again courtesy of Mel from Thursday)
Peanut butter cookies (made by me with my Mom's recipe)

You can tell it's a good meal when someone falls asleep. This honour went to my brother in-law Russ. The kids had a lot of fun upstairs in the play room. I'm kind of scared to go up and see the condition it was left in. Let's see how long I can procrastinate.
The last of the fam has left and I'm going to enjoy some quiet time before seeing what else needs to be cleaned up.

No comments: