Friday, July 31, 2009

Catching up...

I know it's been over a week since I've updated my blog so I'll try to catch you up as best I can. I may have to pause every now and then to try to remember what's been going on.
Last weekend was pretty low key.
Friday July 24th
Friday I have felt like doing something 'datey'. I came home and Raju and I tried to figure it out. Dinner and a movie always works. Dinner consisted of KFC and we watched Harry Potter (our home version). KFC was good while I ate it, but not so great afterwards. Harry Potter was ok but not fantastic. I don't hate Harry Potter but I'm not a huge fan either so I don't get very excited about it.

Saturday July 25th
This morning started off with a trip to the dump and the grocery store. It was baby shower/man shower day. Raju's friends Josh and Carrie are having a baby later this month. As the ladies were having a shower Josh wanted one as well. The lady shower was good, your typical shower with games (that were pretty hard I would say) and chatting. When I was getting ready to leave it started pouring. Fortunately another friend gave me a ride to the subway stop so I didn't get too wet. The boys went to the ball game and then a bar.....sounds suspiciously like a stag to me...without the strippers (I think!)

Sunday July 26th
Again a pretty quiet day. I had my acupuncture appointment in the morning and made it home just before the rain and thunder showers. As it was too wet to go outside Raju and I had fun inside. He had to write about a new Wii game - Wii Sports Resort, so being the good wife I played some games with him to test it out. It was pretty fun. We had the chance to wake board, power cruise, play Frisbee, golf, bowl and the list goes on. During our play time though there was the loudest clap of thunder I had ever heard. It even made my ear hurt for a bit.
By lunch the weather had cleared up and we needed to eat after a workout. Two sushi places recently opened up in our neighbourhood so we decided to try one out. Sushi Bar. It was pretty good. We got a lot of free appetizers that filled us up so we definitely had to bring a lot of it home. Once we got home, I realized we had just missed a surprise visit from my parents and niece and nephew. I never hear my cell phone when I'm out and missed their call :( My parents stopped on the way home later though as my Mom had prepared a care package (aka food) for us. I had started reading a book 'Still Alice' on Friday night which is about a lady who has been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's, so I finished reading it Sunday afternoon. The book takes you through her slowly deteriorating mind. It is a really easy read and I like the perspective it is written from.

Monday July 27th
I can't believe it's the last week in July and summer seems to have alluded us. Work was work. Nothing new on that front. When I got home we had leftovers and then decided to go out for ice-cream as the weather was nice. Di called and said she was going to run over and join us. On the way to the ice-cream shop we stopped at B-side of Joy Bistro as Raju was still hungry. This is where Diana met up with us. Raju had oysters, I had a Cheddar apple salad and Di had a chicken salad. Afterward it was dessert at the ice-cream shop. When we got home, Raju introduced Diana to his newest DS game - Henry Hadsworth. She's been hooked ever since - but I'll let her tell you about it herself.

Tuesday July 28th & Wednesday July 29th
Monday night my migraine started and lasted right through to Thursday. As a result much of this time was spent lying down in the dark and not doing anything much, except managing through work.

Thursday July 30th
Still a slight headache but so much better than the previous two days. Di e-mailed me at work to see if I would be interested in going for a run with her. I said yes for a couple of reasons. 1) I didn't have a good excuse not to and 2) My clothes are pretty tight and since I can't afford a new wardrobe I need to drop some weight to fit back in them. She got her around 7:00p.m. and off we went. We jogged to the Leslie Street Spit entrance and then ended up walking back as it tuckered Di out. I didn't find it too bad. Really the only thing that hurt for me were the bottoms of my feet. We're going to try and make it out twice a week and then I'll mix some other things in as well.

Friday July 31st.
Ahhh....the end of the week and the start of the long weekend. Work was not extremely productive as I kept looking at the clock. I managed to clear out my e-mail inbox to just 7 e-mails. Now I have to clear my accompanying folders but that's for another Friday. Finally it was time to leave. I got home, watched General Hospital and then we headed to Raju's friends Boyd and Sarah for dinner. Burgers and Corn on the Cob. Very tasty and it was nice to finally be able to sit outside and not worry about it raining. They have a little boy - Leo - who is 8 1/2 months. Very cute! So we also got some play time with him

And that catches you up on my last little while. Happy Di????

No comments: