Saturday, July 11, 2009

Baking

Today was supposed to be a very rainy day. Before it poured we managed to take our garbage to the dump and visit the grocery store. Then as the clouds opened up and rained I started my baking. I had the dough for the cinnamon rolls in the bread machine and started the dough for the hot cross buns when the sun decided to come out again. Unfortunately since I had started the process I had to continue it and did not get to go out and have fun in the sun. As the bread was rising I decided to also make some cookies (pecan, chocolate chip). I didn't try any new recipes this time, I just wanted some good old ones. Diana was fortunate to come over for a visit and get a bag of treats to take home with her.
Once all my baking was done, it was time to get ready and head out for dinner and a couple of house parties. First stop, Le Select. A French restaurant on Wellington. I'm not much of french cuisine person but I have to admit the food was delicious. I had mushroom risotto and Raju had braised beef ribs with barley risotto. Yummy!!! Afterwards we went to see Raju's friends Chris and Sarah at their new condo. It was very nice. They were playing Michael Jackson videos and making drinks in honour of him. The 'smooth criminal' was my favourite. Afterwards we headed up to Bathurst and Bloor to his friend Samir's place for a backyard party. It was nice to catch up with some people I had not seen in a very long time. The fact we were out so much in the evening made up for me not being out in the sun during the day.

1 comment:

Princess Di said...

I love Le Select! Def one of my fav restaurants. And thank you for my goodies, I enjoy them every morning!