Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sauble Beach

Fariena and Russ have a trailer at Sauble Beach. The first time I was going up I thought 'trailer???'. It is actually very nice and very much like a little home. It has become an annual trip to go up when they are up there and spend a couple of days.
We worked on Monday and then when we got home, we finished packing and loaded up the car. y parents even came down to drop off some food for us to take with us. We left here at about 7:00p.m. and arrived there in very good time (about 10:00p.m.). We usually try to go in the middle of the week to avoid traffic. We hung out chatting and watching TV for a bit and then it was off to bed.
The next day we got up and slowly started moving. After breakfast, the kids Russ and Raju went to the pool, Fariena went to the gym to workout and I worked out with the Wii. Once we all reconvened back at the trailer and showered etc., it was time for a quick lunch and off to the beach. It was nice and sunny but pretty windy. I have never been up to Sauble Beach on a hot, hot day so have not ventured into the water. However Uncle Raju dives right in with the kids. We spent a couple of hours and then headed back. After dinner we went to the fair that was up the street. I rode on Polar Express and stood with Kira on the Merry Go Round. Raju came on the Polar Express with me and checked out the Go Kart track. After the kids went to bed we watched The Hangover. Fariena and Russ had not seen it before. It was just as good the second time around.
Wednesday was Russ' birthday. We went out for breakfast at this spot by the marina that we go to every year. Afterwards we took a drive into Southampton to visit a market in which we found some good buys, Then it was on to Port Elgin. We stopped at a beach there. No one had their swim wear so we walked out to a point and visited a flea market that was happening there as well. Another spot for some good purchases. The clouds started to come in so no beach time today. When we arrived back at the trailer Raju and I went to get lunch (Pizza Delight - my favourite pizza that you can't find in Toronto anymore) and fixings for dinner.
I managed to relax and read for a bit before having to do my part in prepping for dinner. We had beef ribs and lamp chops with garlic shrimp, salad and mushroom risotto. Very tasty and simple. Sometimes I forget that simple is just as good as complicated dishes. After dinner we all went for a bike ride down to the beach. Kira is learning to ride without her training wheels so Russ wants her to practice as much as possible. It was a nice ride and I even made it up a hill (not a huge one, but big enough for me to have to put a lot of effort into it).
When we got back, it was time for dessert (birthday cake). Kira launched into a very long song about her Daddy's birthday and how her Mother's birthday had passed but she still remembers it. I forgot to take a video of it for you to hear. Next time she starts a song, I'll have to try and capture it.
Thursday was our last day. After a workout in the morning we took the bikes and rode to the beach. Again, a sunny but windy day so I did not venture in the water. The kids wrote messages to my Mom (their Nanee) in the sand I took pictures to share with her when we returned. After about an hour, Raju and I headed back, finished packing and started the trek home. We ran into a bit of traffic and stopped for a bite to eat so the ride back took a little longer. We did manage to get home by 6:30p.m. Plenty of time for us to get a good night's rest tonight so we are refreshed for tomorrow's big event.

No comments: