Saturday I started the day off with a good Wii workout. I was sweating and really feeling it by the end of my workout. I was ready for a good meal which was good as we had brunch plans. We met up with Holly Lewis her husband and son Liam for brunch at Joy Bistro. I don't think I've seen Holly since University. She looks pretty much the same. It was really nice to see her again. They don't live far from us (about 10 min.) and we have been trying to meet up for the past year. Facebook is good for something. Funnily enough as we were sitting on the patio Diana and Mahi walked by. They had gone to brunch at a new restaurant Marmalade just down the street.
After brunch we came back home and had a short rest before heading out to Pickering. First stop, Walmart. With the garbage strike we are now having a battle with fruit flies. I think everyone is as we can't find any traps in the city. Thankfully Pickering is not having this issue and we were able to find some. After loading up with some essentials we headed to Raju's parents house for a visit. We hung out for the afternoon and early evening and then headed back home.
Arndis came over later for dinner. Well, she didn't exactly come for dinner, we just had it made when she got here. We then decided to check out a bar at Queen and Leslie that Raju has wanted to see for a while. Ceili's cottage. It's an Irish pub and looks like a little cottage. We didn't get a seat on the patio so went in to the bar. It had a great vibe and I'd definitely go back to try out the food.
Monday - No work!!! Yeah!!!!
This morning we started off with a 2 hour bike ride to the Leslie St. Spit. I was really proud of myself. I made it further before my knees started to hurt and I think I only 'complained' once.
Once back at home Raju relaxed while I tackled some more items on my to do list. Later in the afternoon Jay and Jenn came over with Talia for a visit. It was nice to see them. I think it's been a few weeks. A little later Sandy popped by. It was like a revolving door around here. We didn't mind though. We like visitors.
No comments:
Post a Comment