Thursday, July 23, 2009

A busy week

I feel like I've been on the go for the past several days.
Sunday we went to a Nicaraguan restaurant for dinner to celebrate one of Raju's friends birthday. I had chicken and rice but Raju had the red snapper special. As you can see, it was the full fish, head and all.
The food was all pretty good and I especially liked the plantain they served with all meals. Apparently they are also known for their ceviche. I'm not much of a ceviche fan though so I didn't try it, but those that did, loved it.
Monday it was bootylicious time with Beyonce. Raju was able to get me some tickets through work. As he wasn't interested in going I asked Diana if she would come with me. We had dinner at Milestones first where we shared Kobe sliders, phyllo shrimp and yam frites. To top it off we shared a chocolate cookie with ice-cream. It was justifiable to eat all that as we walked it off on our way to the Molson Ampitheatre. We arrived with enough time to settle in and observe the crowd. Beyonce made her appearance at 9:00p.m. and sang until 11:00p.m. I really enjoyed the show and it was nice to see someone who actually sang (my last pop concert was Britney). I especially liked that she interspersed some Canadian singer songs (Sarah McLaughlin and Alannis) into some of her songs. She also had a tribute to Michael Jackson that was touching.
Getting out was crazy. It took us 45 minutes to walk out of Ontario place, through the EX grounds and almost up to King to get a cab.
Tuesday I ran out of work and to the grocery store to get fixings to start Diana's birthday dinner. I made the stuffing for the beef and then cleaned the bathrooms. Before I knew it, it was 11:00p.m. and time for bed.
Wednesday was Di's big birthday dinner. Again I ran out of work to get home and prepare for the guests arrival at 7:00p.m.
Dinner was:
Beef tenderloin with mushroom stuffing
Asparagus wrapped in phyllo with roasted red pepper aioli
Scalloped potatoes
Couscous salad
Corn on the cob
Ratatouille
Asparagus wrapped in prosciutto
Bread

Dessert:
Strawberry Shortcake cake (courtesy of Gerwyn)
Fruit platter (courtesy of Susie)

It was great to sit at the table and have dinner with friends to celebrate Di's birthday. Hope you had a great time Diana!

1 comment:

Princess Di said...

I feel like someone is taking too long to update their blog...