I've just about finished my first week here in Edmonton and I have to say that it did go by quickly.
Wednesday, I met Maira after work and we went for pedicures. This was long overdue as I have been meaning to get one done but have not had the chance. I didn't feel like ordering room service for dinner so picked up Swiss Chalet for dinner. I know.....I don't like Swiss Chalet, but I find their hot chicken sandwich ok.
Thursday it was back at work for the day and then I took a nice long walk across the river to Whyte Ave. This is their version of Queen St. I realized that I'm not really a Queen St. person as I didn't see anything that I really wanted, but I did find a cupcake store. I bought 24 mini-cupcakes (it was the end of the day and she gave me a box for 1/2 price) and it was $16.00. I really need to get on this cupcake thing. There is big money to be had!!! It was not easy to find a cab so I ended up walking back to the hotel. As I looked at the time, I realized that I had a 2.5 hr walk.
Today I had a hard time waking up but I had a conference call at 8:30a.m. Toronto time which was 6:30a.m. Edmonton time. Work was fine. I finished training by 1:30p.m. and we had a pizza lunch at the office. I stayed at the office until 3:00p.m. to finish up some work and then headed back to the hotel.
Maira came by at 5:30p.m. and we went downstairs for dinner at The Wildflower Grill. I had heard and read some good reviews from it. It's supposed to be 'New Canadian Cuisine'. I'm not sure what that means exactly....but here it means delicious. We shared some smaller plates. Truffle mushroom ravioli, braised beef short ribs and crab cakes. For dessert Maira had the cheesecake and I had the lavender, blueberry creme brulee with fruit and mango sorbet.
I'm so full that I should work it off, but I think I'll hop into bed early with a good book and then wake up in the morning for a quick workout and then off to West Edmonton Mall and spending the night at Maira's.
1 comment:
Yay!!! One week down :)
I'm glad you finally got to go for a pedicure - must feel great!
Have a great weekend and week, we'll have a welcome back party at work during the week we return!!
Post a Comment