Sunday, July 11, 2010

A date with myself

How comfortable are you spending time with yourself? I personally am ok at home, but I don't go out to restaurants (or even a food court for that matter) movies, plays etc. by myself. I've always thought I would be very self-conscious. Being here in Edmonton on my own (for the most part) if I continued with that thought I would be eating in my room by myself everyday. Last week I did that, except for Friday and Saturday when I was with Maira. Tonight I decided to go out for dinner. I put on a dress, grabbed my book and went to Wildflower. I asked for a table of one (which was weird) but didn't get treated any differently. As I waited for my meal I read my book. When my meal arrived I was able to eat and appreciate it as I wasn't making conversation with anyone else. I had scallops and shrimp and the three mushroom ravioli again. I decided to treat myself to dessert as well, but I think that was a mistake because now my tummy hurts from eating too much.
I quite enjoyed the time by myself and may even try to go see a movie later this week. Don't get me wrong though, I will quite enjoy having company again when I return to Toronto, but I won't be as self-conscious of having to do things on my own.

2 comments:

sally said...

I dated myself for 2 years in Montreal! :)
I didn't think I could go out by myself either, but learned that dating ME wasn't so bad! haaha

melandnorm said...

I love to date myself! I think it's healthy to have some alone time...

Glad you are having a grand old time in Edmonton. We miss you!