Tonight is my last night in Edmonton. After a day filled with thunder, lightening and rain the sun has come out to shine. Today was nice. I had actually finished training yesterday and spent this morning with a couple of people finishing up their last assignment.
We had a morning web cast with the CEO of our company. Our project has been delayed again, but we are going to be getting a bonus at the end of this month anyway to thank us for our hard work. I think everyone was happy about that. For lunch I went out with two of the managers in the office. We went to a Thai food restaurant where we had a waiter with a french accent. Not what I was expecting, and the food was delicious. Back at the office I finished off a few things and then headed out around 2:00p.m. I had to go back to the mall (no not for more shopping) but as I started packing yesterday I discovered a security tag still on a shirt. I managed to walk out with my de-tagged shirt and a magazine for my plane ride tomorrow.
I made it back to the hotel to quickly freshen up, chat with Raju and then head out to meet some people from the office for a few drinks. It was a nice way to end my time here. I stayed for about 1.5 hrs and then came back to the hotel to meet Maira for a quick visit. I can't remember the last time I had the opportunity to spend so much time with her, even when we were both in Toronto :)
I just finished dinner and am going to finish packing and try to get to bed at a reasonable hour so I don't miss my flight in the morning.
See you all again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment