Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's a conspiracy

I have been trying to put up my Christmas Tree for two days now and no luck. I was so excited to take my new pre-lit tree out of the box and put it up on December 1st. I thought it would be quick and easy. I suppose if the stand had come with it, maybe it would have been. There was a note that said do not return item to store but instead call number to report missing or damaged parts. I thought, no need to do that because I have an extra stand. After searching high and low, I could not find it. I still was not ready to call as I figured it would be faster to buy one from the store. Last night after work Raju met me at the wall and we went to Canadian Tire. I bought a tree stand and off we went to Hot House to meet some friends from dinner. After a lot of good food and conversation we came home, where again I was prepared to put up my tree. Well, the tree stand I bought would not work for our tree. I decided it was time to call the help line. Unfortunately they are only open from 8:30a.m. - 5:00p.m. Today I got home and by the time I puttered around it was too late to call. I have scouted out where the stand I need is, so my plan is to get it Saturday morning and try again.
I have managed to put up my other Christmas decorations so all is not lost. And today we got our first Christmas card from my Uncle, Aunt and cousin in England.
Wish me luck as I continue with my Christmas tree adventure.
On another note...let me share with you a good customer service story. On Saturday we had ordered dinner using OrderIt.ca (we didn't realize Di would have so much food at her place). It did take a while to get here but we didn't really think anything of it. In the mail we got a letter from them apologizing for the delay and a $5 credit on our account, and we didn't even have to complain. That's good Customer Service!!!

No comments: