
While many people braved the shops today Raju and I decided to culture ourselves and visit the ROM. They have a Vanity Fair exhibit that I wanted to see. We decided to forego the Dead Sea Scroll (that costs extra). The portraits from Vanity Fair were interesting but nothing really wowed me. We moved off to the other floors and I quickly remembered why I don't visit the ROM or any other Museum for that matter regularly. It's not very exciting. A bunch of stuff in cabinets and then a lot of reading to find out what makes them so special. We finally got to the dinosaur exhibit and that was a bit more interesting. They are soooo big. It's hard to imagine there were once creatures like that on earth. I think it would have been a very different place to live in if they had survived.
After the ROM we walked along Bloor. We stopped at Winners (Raju picked up wireless headphones), Louis Vuitton (where I realized Fariena will not be getting her birthday present from - Sorry!) and William Sonoma (where I bought a hot chocolate container with frother - yes, I know I don't drink hot chocolate but it was on sale and when we have our toboggan days, someone will drink hot chocolate).
Back at home, I caught up on General Hospital, ate dinner and now we've settled in to watch Astro Boy.
Happy Boxing Day everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment