Russell's parents came by and we all sat down for our Christmas Eve dinner. Then it was time for Callum and Kira to open their presents from Russel's parents. Callum got a DS game and Kira a baby doll that eats and wets her diaper. And a stroller. Of course the kids wanted to open more presents but they were told they had to wait and before we knew it, it was time for them to go to bed. Normally we would spend the night, but between my parents, Camilla, Darryl, Ryan and Jack and Fariena, Russ, Callum and Kira there was no more room at the Inn. I wasn't feeling particulary well and thought I would get a much better sleep in my bed than on the floor. So Raju and I headed home. With no traffic it's only 15 minutes. We had a good night sleep and then woke up nice and early and made it back before the kids got up so they didn't even know we had left. Santa was really generous. Kira got an amazing doll house that's bigger than her and Callum got a DSi.
I loved, loved, loved all my presents this year. Diamonds were on the list again. Raju kept teasing me that I was getting a bread box and he didn't lie. His gifts were a bread box, a snuggie (well the cuddly knock off version) and a heart diamond necklace. I received clothes from my sisters and these very warm, comfortable house slippers that I wear all the time. Camilla got me a pants suit that just needs to be hemmed but I'm going to wear lots. I had been looking at a pantsuit in the Victoria Secret catalogue and was looking for a similar one. I don't think I ever mentioned that to her but she seemed to have read my mind. Fariena was also reading my mind as I had seen this shirt at H&M that I liked but did not buy and she got it for me (again without me saying a word about it.) Our appliance family has also grown, with a hand blender for Raju so he can make some more fun drinks and a food processor for us to use to create some more new dishes.
Christmas breakfast was a feast as usual. Pepperpot, garlic chicken, hot cross buns, brie with cranberry and much more. Once we were all fed and finished playing with the toys we headed home to get ready to host Christmas dinner. My parents came with us and Raju, my Mom and myself all proceeded to take a nap before getting things ready. Once up we were on the go again. Raju's parents and Suzi came over and also our friend Arndis. Just look at the table full of food.
We're going to be eating for days to come!
Hope you all had a great Christmas too and that Santa was good to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment