Sunday, December 20, 2009

Holiday Cheer

Tis' the season to celebrate and hang out with friends and family. This week was not very productive at work as it seems many people are in the holiday spirit. Wednesday night I met up with my old manager from Hepcoe and another colleague we worked with. Normally we meet for lunch but then are rushed to get back to work. It was very nice to catch up and not be in a rush to be somewhere else. I found out that Naomi is pregnant with her third child. Congrats to her and her family.
Thursday at lunch I met up with a friend I made this year. She was just starting her holidays. We went for Dim Sum. It was just ok but again it was nice to catch up with her as I have not seen her in a few months. That afternoon we had a Secret Santa gift exchange at work. We pulled names and had to buy that person a toy. The unwrapped toys were then given to the Chum City toy drive. I received a Rubik 360. I don't know who gave it to me, but maybe then think I'm smart enough to figure it out. I had a hard time giving it away as I wanted to take it out of the box and play with it myself.
Friday was our department potluck. Myself and a colleague (Leah) planned it. We had the team start off with a small scavenger hunt and then pigged out on lots of fun food. My favourite thing was the fireplace we created with all of our stockings.
Friday night, Jeremy ( a guy from work) had people over to his condo for some holiday cheer. Raju met me after work and then Anjali, Leah, Raju and myself headed over. We made a stop at the new LCBO at King and Spadina first. The holiday line-ups have certainly begun. It was really nice to hang out with people from work who I don't normally go out with. Raju and I left them as they were making plans to head to Brant House and we headed to the Strathcona to meet Camilla and her friends. We then accompanied her to Union Station where we had a gourmet meal of McDonald's while waiting for the train.
Saturday it was our Holidaze party. No tobogganing as the snow did not co-operate. After Friday's festivities I was moving a bit slow with a wee bit of a headache. Guests started arriving at 2:15p.m. and stayed until 1:00a.m. Not as many people showed up as we were expecting but it was still a good crowd and nice to celebrate with those who were here. Raju was a busy bee and re-arranged the main floor into our party set-up and set-up the basement for Rock Banding. We had lots of food as usual, but none of it was made by us. Camilla made mushroom lasagna, Mom made cook-up (peas and rice), Raju's Dad brought Tandoori chicken and we had lots of hor's d'oervers from Costco and M&M. I did get a chocolate fountain but after a while the motor stopped working. I suppose I could try and return it, but it may just be easier to open it up and see what's going on inside.
Today was the first day in a long, long time that I had no-where to go and my tasks were fairly simple. I cleaned up a bit from last night and then took a nap. Then I made hot cross buns for Christmas morning. I'm planning out my week for cooking so it doesn't creep up on me all at once as I feel like that has been happening to me, especially last week. Now onto creating my 'To do' list.

No comments: