Saturday, December 5, 2009

What you can accomplish in a day...


I can't believe the amount of things I have done today. It started with an early morning trip to Canadian Tire to return and pick up a Christmas tree stand. Then we headed to Loblaws for some groceries. Once we got home, and put the groceries away it was time to head out again. I picked Diana up and off we went to the One of A Kind show. It's something that has become an annual ritual for us. I especially enjoyed seeing Di this year as I haven't seen her since she went and got hitched. As usual we started off by noting the booths we wanted to return to, but about half way through, just started buying things. I got myself and Raju T-shirts, gifts for my nephew and one for my sister. One of the things Di and I look forward to most is the Gingerbread cookies. We'll buy a bag and share it as we continue throughout the show. This year, I was disappointed in the cookies though. They were too gingery for me so I only had one and let Diana take the rest. We finished up around 12:30 and I took Di home. After a quick stop inside to pick up some things I was back home. I caught up on watching Ugly Betty and then it was time to put up the Christmas Tree. Finally with a stand that it fit I was able to get it up and decorated. I don't have many decorations for it though, so over time I'm sure it will fill in. My favourite thing is what I've added to the base of the tree (see video).
After all of that you would think I would be tuckered out, but there was still much to do. I made three types of cupcakes - Red Velvet, Vanilla, and Chocolate with a cream cheese (like cheesecake) filling. In between I took a break for a lovely dinner that Raju made. I was hoping to tackle some icing recipes at well but now that I've sat down, my feet hurt and I don't think I have it in me. I'll ice them tomorrow and then take a picture for you to see them. Now I have about 60 cupcakes and I'm certainly not eating them all. Guess I'll have to find people to eat them.
Isn't it amazing what you can do in a day when you put your mind to it?

No comments: