Sunday, November 29, 2009

Weekly review

I feel like this past week has been a whirlwind of activity. Let me see if I can remember it all.
Monday on my way home, I got on the streetcar and found that the driver was someone I used to work with. He looked well and I managed to chat on the way home. Did you know that all they learn in training is how to drive the streetcar and not how to handle stressful or dangerous situations. He's been working at the TTC for two years and been assaulted twice. I know I've been ranting about the TTC lately, but I do understand the drivers have a tough job...although, I still don't think it would kill them to be nice. I guess if Customer Service is not part of training, they don't think it's important.
Tuesday night I went to Ajax to sleep at Camilla's house. We took a trip to the mall so I could do some last minute things for Di's wedding (wax my eyebrows, by Spanx etc.).
Wednesday was an awesome day at Ste. Anne's (spa in Coburg) with my Mom. We had a lovely girls day. It started off with Yoga class, then Caribbean aqua therapy. This is a little bit of everything, body exfoliant, body masque, head, neck, scalp, feel massage and after a quick shower a finishing full body massage. Then we had a quick rest before it was time for lunch. I usually love the food here, but it's starting to become more healthy. I'm sure we used to be able to have pop, but they no longer serve soft drinks, and the pizza I had was on multi-grain dough with spinach, shrimp and artichokes. And the sauce was some roasted red-pepper concoction. I think aside from the artichoke it would have been ok. I did start with a mushroom soup that was tasty. After lunch we were quite full so decided to go for a walk. When we started out, it was drizzly but the further we went the harder it started to rain. Fortunately I had an umbrella and my rain boots. An hour later we ended up back at the spa. We got out of our wet clothes and headed to tea. I don't normally like hot drinks, but I think I might start drinking tea. It was nice to have something to warm me up after being in the rain. I'm sure over the winter I'll want the same thing. The cranberry scones and cucumber sandwiches were quite delicious. Once we finished we went for a few minutes in the Eucalyptus room. It's really a steam room with Eucalyptus scent. Then it was time for our facials. Unfortunately we read our itineraries incorrectly and my Mom was 15 minutes late for hers. Mine was great. It started with a foot scrub and then the facial treatments, which also included face, head, neck massage. While I had two face masks, my hands, arms and feet were also massaged. I was sooooo relaxed by the end of this. That ended our absolutely lovely relaxing day. I dropped my Mom off at Camilla's, stayed for dinner and then came home.
Thursday night was my work party. I hadn't been feeling well all week, so was prepared to make an appearance and be out of there by 10:00p.m. Anjali (check out her blog) did our make-up for us so were all glamourous by the time we got there. Our party was held at Schmooze and started at 5:30p.m. By the time we were ready it was 6:30p.m., but we hadn't missed anything. They had a mind reader - Mysterion. Freaky!!!! There was a jazz band and then the DJ started up. There was also a photo booth which was a lot of fun. Well, my plan didn't quite work the way I thought. After many, many, many drinks and a long time on the dance floor I finally got out of there at midnight. It was a great night though and it seemed like it had been a long time since I had been out partying it up like that (aside from Di's stagette).
Friday was interesting to say the least, as I wasn't sure if I was hungover or still drunk. At lunch I met a friend at Mercattos and that seemed to do the trick. I even managed to be productive at work and get some work done. I was rather impressed with myself.
At 4:00 p.m. I headed out to meet the girls at Pink Peony (now known as Rosy's) for a manicure. After a quick stop at home to shower and pack my bag I headed to Di and Gerwyn's for their rehearsal dinner. After finalizing some last minute details Di was ready to leave around 10:00p.m where we headed to Scarborough to sleep at her Mom's house.
Saturday morning we woke up at 6:00a.m. all ready for the big day. We got to the Salon right on time and the team started on our hair right away. 9:45a.m. and we were all ready, hair, make-up, dress (with much layers of control top underneath - I don't think mine worked very well). In the car we got and off to the wedding. It was one of the most beautiful ceremonies I attended. The speeches were incredibly touching and definitely a day to remember. Lunch finished around 3:00p.m. and then it was outside for the bridal party pictures. It was a bit chilly but that added to the fun of it all. At 4:00p.m. I headed home and managed to rest (i.e. catch up on some TV watching I had missed during the week). Then off the the after-party we went. We got there at 8:30p.m. and it seemed to be in full swing. Wall-to-wall people and food. There could have been a great shoe sale from the pile at the front of the house :) By midnight I was done, so we headed back home.
Today I have done nothing but sleep. I woke up at 9:00a.m. went to the bathroom, came downstairs, slept on the couch until 10:00a.m. Had a quick bite to eat, showered, went for a nap at 1:30p.m. and Raju woke me up at 5:00p.m. After all of that I think I'll still be able to sleep tonight.

No comments: