That's how Raju likes to refer to today....our 3rd Anniversary. The celebrations actually started yesterday when he brought me 6 lovely roses to work. I don't know why it always surprises me as he is very good with that, but still I never expect it.This morning I decided to take the day off and have a Personal Day. I tried to get Raju to play hooky with me but he was good and went into work for the morning. So to amuse myself I went to the William Ashley Sale. Sometimes I wonder why I go because I find it a bit crazy but I managed to spend $200 and that wasn't really on Christmas gifts, just stuff we needed around the house. I was home by 10:30a.m. and watched TV ate, and read.
Raju came home around 2:30p.m. and after a short rest we headed out for our anniversary events. We started with a massage at Civello. I've had a gift certificate since my birthday and thought I should really use it and we both needed some relaxation. Afterwards it was off to Kultura for dinner. As usual it did not dissappoint. We ate so much. 2 kinds of samosas, watermelon-cucumber salad, seared scallops with Beef Cheek dumplings, butternut squash risotto and of course our favourite dish - mushroom orichette with pear chutney and truffles. I did a Diana though and ate, and ate, and ate until my tummy hurt.
I can't believe it's been 3 years already. I am so blessed to have found my soul mate. This year has had it's challenges and to have someone by your side who is supportive and loving helps to get through it all. I hope that as the years go by this feeling doesn't ever go away.....get ready for the cheesiness.....Sometimes I feel like I fall more in love with Raju every day.
Today is also my parents anniversary. They are at 41 years. Raju thanks for everything and I look forward to celebrating many more anniversaries together as we try to catch up to Mom and Dad. I love you!
3 comments:
awww... so sweet! Happy Anniversary!
HAPPY ANNI-what-ery!!!
Happy anniversay, love that photo, you guys look like you're straight out of a bollywood movie.
Post a Comment