Sunday, November 22, 2009

And so it begins....

1) The final countdown to D & G's wedding. Of course I did not stick to any sort of diet or exercise regime, so how I look in my bridesmaid dress is how I look. I'm not supposed to look better than the bride anyway, and everyone's eyes should be on her and not the spare tire I'll be carrying around my waist.
Raju and I (well, mainly me) were so excited about their move into their neighbourhood, that we popped by for a visit after an early morning grocery shop yesterday. They had received their bed and were awaiting their appliances. It was Raju's first look at the inside of their house. I'm glad that someone else has as many stairs (maybe more) than we do :)
After that it was home to do some cooking and then for me to head to the hairdresser, so that at least my hair will look ok for the wedding.

2)The holiday festivities have officially begun. Last night we went to Raju's friends on the west side...and I mean the west side (Dundas and Keele) for a Holiday roast (quite literally). It was nice to see some people I haven't seen in a while. Please let me vent again about the TTC. After just missing one streetcar and having to wait about 10 minutes for another one, it just drove right past us. No stopping or anything. I'm sure the streetcar stop we were at is a normal one. In the end we walked up to Gerrard and fortunately another streetcar came along shortly after that we were able to board. Of course the driver looked very unpleasant. Is it just me, or since the fare hike, have the TTC staff become more surly? Although, I did have one the other day who was pleasant so there are exceptions to this stereotype I am seeing out there. Anyway, we made it to the party and had a very nice time. We did take a cab home though.

Today the festivities continued. These were birthday celebrations for my Dad, my brother-in-law and nephew. Out to Ajax we went. I made a snowman cake, stuffed mushrooms, crab melt and praline-toffee crisps. Of course there was a ton of other food as well. Fariena's in-laws also joined us all the way from Hamilton. We don't get to see them often, so it was nice to spend some time catching up with them. Her mother in-law makes Empire cookies that I just love and shared the recipe with me. I can hardly wait to try making them. I'm not sure they'll be as good though.

Now it's Sunday night again. I'm doing laundry, because I don't think I've done any for a month and work so that the week won't be too hectic once it gets started again tomorrow morning.

No comments: