Sunday, November 15, 2009

Reader's Club

Lately I've been reading a lot. I find it is my escape from reality and I can live in someone else's world for a little bit. I have read the first three books of the Twilight series. I didn't like the first one but decided to continue with the others to see what they hype was about. I found the 2nd and 3rd to be much better as there was more action and more of a storyline. I'm interested to see how it all ends with the 4th. I must admit, I'm not a fan of the heroine/female lead. She is a bit whiny to me, but does really play the damsel in distress to the full hilt.
I also just finished another book called The Almost Moon written by Alice Seibold. She also wrote the Lovely Bones (one of my favourite books). I had read another one by her called Lucky and did not enjoy it and this one I really had to struggle to get through and then did not understand the end at all. If anyone wants to give it a try I'm willing to lend it out.
On to the next book. Someone has lent me one from work (I can't remember the name) but apparently they read it in a few days and so did another girl and they really liked it. I'll let you know.
This morning we had Jay, Jenn, Talia, Abbas, and Suzi over for brunch. It had been a long time since we saw them. Our feast included, mushroom-sweet potato-basil pie (kind of like a quiche without the crust), fruit (pineapple and watermelon), smoked salmon and bagels with cream cheese, bacon and beef sausages and home made cinnamon rolls. I have to say everything was delicious and it was great to catch up with everyone.
Now it's football time and the regular crew (Spencer and PC) are over. I procrastinated from doing any work by reading but now I guess I should do something. I had started to put up a border in our bedroom but a few pieces fell down. I bought some more last weekend and suppose I should finish it off now. But first....it's time to eat again.

No comments: