Sunday, November 8, 2009

Let the festivities (and diet) begin...

As we are all aware D&G have decided to take the plunge and get in on the marriage game. We started with an engagement dinner a few weeks ago but now it's time to get down to business. Yesterday Susie, Sally and myself hosted Di's bridal shower. We decided to have a holiday theme as it is quite close to Christmas. Susie helped transform my living room by helping me string white lights on the walls and Sally helped her put the finishing touches with red ribbons. Susie also draped red beads on the chandelier. One of the activities we had the girls do was decorate ornaments for Di and Gerwyn to have for their new home. That was really fun. Ev and Sally even managed to take decorations home for themselves.
Susie led a great game of The Price is Right. I think we'll all remember the Accommodator (ask Di what it's about). We also played a game of He Said, She Said. Earlier in the week Sally met with Gerwyn and asked him several questions while videotaping him. Diana was asked the same questions. For those she didn't get right, she had to take a sip of a special drink concocted just for her:) We also fit in a bit of Di trivia.
As usual there was tons of food left over at the end of the afternoon.
As the countdown to the wedding continues (19 days) I realize that I need to fit into my bridesmaid dress. It shows all my curves..even the ones I don't want shown. Tomorrow I go into exercise mode. The Wii has been taking a break and it's time to get it going again. I would like to say that I'm also going to stop drinking pop and eating junk food, but I'm not quite sure I can go that far. I will try to be as good as I can though.

1 comment:

Princess Di said...

Thanks for a great shower! And I loved the furniture rearrangement and decorations!!