Sunday, August 23, 2009

The good old days...

Before I get to the title of my blog, let's see what I did this weekend. I can't even remember Friday. I think we must have stayed in because I don't recall going anywhere.
Saturday we got off to a very slow start, but then it was go, go, go. Camilla called around 10:30a.m. to say they were on their way down to the beaches. After much needling, Raju got me on my bike and we rode to meet them. This time we went further than Ashridges Bay and got to Kew Park at Queen and Woodbine. We met Camilla, Darryl and kids at Mr. Sub's where they were getting a quick bite to eat. We hung around with them for a while and then as they headed to the park we walked around the area and then it was back on our bikes to Gerrard and Coxwell for the South Asian festival. Another place I wasn't too keen on going to. Fortunately it wasn't too busy so we walked through fairly easily and stopped for a bite to eat. Once we got home I was tuckered out, but managed to muster my energy for my 1/2 hour Wii workout. I've been pretty diligent with this for the past few weeks. I don't think I've lost much weight (maybe a couple of ounces) but I do feel better and have noticed minor differences. As minor as those differences are they are still quite motivating.
Later in the evening Raju's friends Ron and PC came over. While they caught up, I crawled into bed thinking I was going to read but ended up falling fast asleep.
Today it was visit the parents day. We started off with a stop in at my parents place. Raju wants most of the furniture in my parents basement so he started with the record player. This record player is so old it even has an 8 track player. With a record player you also need records. So we took my parents record collection as well. I forgot that we had them. One of my favourite songs I remember is "You're a Pink Toothbrush" from the ever so famous Record Smurfing Sing Song, of course let's not forget the single of "Wake me up before you go go" by Wham. Ahhhh...yest, the good old days.Feel free to come on over and re-live your youth with our record collection.
After loading up the car with all of this we headed on over to Raju's parents. His Dad had heart surgery a few weeks ago but is recovering well. He still has to take it easy, so Raju cut the lawn while we were there. I never noticed how huge their backyard is. You could build another house.
I dropped Raju home to set up his new toy and I headed to Price Chopper for a few groceries. I decided to start some recipes from my other William Sonoma cookbook - Essentials of Baking. Diana had given me a recipe for chocolate cookies that were fairly easy and delicious. As I was flipping through the recipe book I came across Crinkle Cookies which are pretty much the same with some minor differences. So I whipped them up. I haven't taken treats to work for a while so I figure I should.
Now after all this procrastinating I need to get some work done, so I'm not too behind when I get in tomorrow.

No comments: