Thursday, August 27, 2009

Birthday celebrations

Last night we celebrated Suzi and Raju's birthday with their parents. The apple pie turned out to be a hit so I was happy. I think the one thing I would change is the apples that I used. I would want some that are more tart. I just picked some up from China town so I'm not sure what kind they were.
Today was Raju's birthday. Normally you would expect the birthday person to receive presents. To my surprise I received roses at work today. It was very unexpected but nice just the same. I felt bad because it seems like his birthday has crept on me and I didn't have anything for him, so I made a quick trip to Winners to get something small until I can figure out what to really get him.
When I got home the house was spotless and so was the backyard. He had strung white Christmas lights around the fence. It looked really good and provided a lot of light when it got dark.
Many people rode over so we started a good collection of bicycles in the backyard. I would think we had about 20-25 people come through. It was great having it on a Thursday. By 11:00p.m. everyone had left as they all had to work the next day. Raju and I had his birthday cake all to ourselves. As I didn't have time to bake one I picked up one of my favourite Dufflet cakes (Black and White cake).
Clean-up was fast as we just served munchies and now it's time for bed.
Happy 35th Raju! I hope you had a great time celebrating!

No comments: