Earlier this week during a conversation, a friend told me of a wedding they were invited to that they were told they could take pictures for themselves but they were not allowed to post any to facebook or twitter or any social networking site.
Raju mentioned that there was an article in the New York Times that might be sparking this 'new' trend. I have included the link so you can read it and see what you think.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/09/fashion/09blogfree.html
I read the article and sort of understand what they are saying, but I also think it's pretentious to ask your guests that at your wedding. A celebrity I could understand as that's one of the ways they make money but a non celebrity really?
Raju felt that I was making a bigger deal out of it than necessary but I really don't like pretentious things, people, places etc. Can't we trust that people posting the pictures have enough sense to know what to post and what not to? I guess not, considering the many crazy things out there. And that's a shame, because adults really should know better.
Just something to think about!
No comments:
Post a Comment