Monday, August 31, 2009

A summer tradition

It may not have felt like summer this year as we didn't really get the weather but there is something that comes every year that indicates summer....or the end of it at least. The CNE. Tonight Raju and I went after work. I have to admit I was disappointed. The food building didn't have many vendors, although I did enjoy a goat curry roti (after seeing Di's picture of Gerwyn eating it I wanted one too). The international building and bazaar building did not hold much appeal for me either. The only time I got excited was when we were at the England/UK booth and I was looking for my shrimp chips. I didn't find any, but I did find Marks and Spencer tea biscuits that I used to enjoy quite a bit.
We then wandered outside and watched a little bit of surfing and the over to the wheel of thrills. We watched the performance for about 20 minutes but I got too nervous that he was going to fall off so we left and headed home.
Although it's not the same as it used to be when we were small, my year isn't complete without my visit, so I'm glad I went.

No comments: