This week is a busy one for birthdays! Suzi's is on Wednesday and Raju's is on Thursday. On Wednesday we are going to the in-laws for our family birthday dinner. I volunteered to make an apple pie as I know that's one of Suzi's favourites.
Of course I pulled out my William Sonoma Essentials of Baking cookbook and got to it. It turned out pretty well I think. The pastry turned out to be flaking and not too tough which I was happy about. I usually have a hard time with it, but I followed the recipe almost exactly when making it and made sure I didn't handle the dough too much. It makes a huge difference.
Let's hope it tastes as good as it looks and smells.
And on another note, did you know it's just 4 months until Christmas? Guess I should start thinking about Christmas gifts.
No comments:
Post a Comment