I took Friday off so that we could have a long weekend. I couldn't wait for Labour Day :) Friday morning we woke up, packed up the car and headed up north to Thornbury to Ron's cottage for the day. After a brief stop at McDonald's (which was not good and may have turned me off of it for a while) we ended up at the cottage around 12:00noon. I was very tired and could hardly keep my eyes open so while Ron and Raju played pool I took a little nap. About an hour later Raju woke me up for lunch.
After we ate it was time for a bike ride. We rode to the golf course and a little beyond and then it started to rain so we turned around and headed back to the cottage. By the time we got back the rain had let up and the boys decided to be brave and take a dip in the lake followed by some time in the jacuzzi to warm up. I didn't join in the fun as I was caught up in a book I was reading (Water for Elephants) and was trying to finish. After this relaxing time, Raju and Ron decided to go for a bike ride, so off they went for some male bonding time. When they returned they brought a couple of movies with them. The International and Nick and Norah's infinite play list.
Dinner consisted of Costco burgers. I have to admit they were really good. I am finicky about store bought burgers, but these didn't taste store bought. I would definitely buy them for us.
After dinner we all settled in to watch The International. To judge how good it was, I fell asleep for part of it.
By 11:00p.m. I was pretty tired so off to bed I went, but I only had a few pages left in my book so finished it off first. Not a bad book. Not one of my favourites but an enjoyable read.
The next morning, Raju and I awoke before most of the household, so we went for a walk into town. It wasn't very far. We stopped at the bakery to pick up some croissants, muffins and pecan rolls for breakfast. Then we went to the coffee shop so Raju could get his tea. We leisurely made our way back where the rest of the household had started to surface.
While eating breakfast we got a call from the alarm company that our alarm had gone off. We had them send someone to check it out. Fortunately we did not hear back from them so we knew everything was ok.
Our ride back was uneventful. Ran into a bit of traffic but for the most part it was smooth sailing. I thought I would make it to Ev and Stu's shower but we got home around 2:30p.m. and I saw that Northbound DVP had a bit of traffic on it. I was also a bit tuckered out and the thought of showering and changing and rushing to get there for 3:00p.m. did not seem in the cards for me.
Raju however, managed to shower and change and head out the door around 5:00ish to go to Virginfest at Ontario place.
Once I peeled myself off the couch I managed to do a short workout. I had to do a physical challenge. This is where you measure yourself and see if there are any changes. I'm happy to report in 4 weeks I've managed to lose about 1/4" around my waist and hips. I know it's slow going but it's progress and that's enough for me.
I did a few hours of work, but found myself into bed by 10:00a.m.
Today I woke up nice and early with more energy than the past couple of days. So after breakfast I had an early morning workout and then did some more work while listening to my Smurfs record.
After all that work, I got ready and went out for a walk to Buskerfest. I met up with Camilla and family and Raju (he had gone to Fan Expo). I really wanted funnel cake so that's what I was on the lookout for and that's what I got :)
Whew.....what a full weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment