Monday, May 18, 2009

A week in review

I know my fellow bloggers, I have not updated my blog in a week, but its' been busy (not sure doing what) so here goes.

Monday - work
Tuesday - work
Wednesday - you guessed it work
Thursday - work and dinner with my parents and Jersey Boys
Friday - work and leaving a little early because of the long weekend and dinner with my friend Maya at Jack Astors, followed by dessert at Marche
Saturday - Wedding
Sunday - BBQ at Raju's friends and then dinner with the in-laws at Il Fornello in the Beach
Monday - work (house and office), restart with my exercise regime

Ok...let's add some detail. Monday thru Wednesday there is no other detail to add.
Thursday after work I took the subway to Fairview mall where I met my parents. We had dinner at Moxie's and then headed to the Toronto Centre of the Arts to watch the musical Jersey Boys. The crowd was a bit older but it was a fun show. Not as fun as Mama Mia but close. The music was great. My parents enjoyed it as well, but I think my Mom would have been happier if they had taken out some of the swearing.
Friday I had quite a few meetings at work and at the end of them decided to leave around 2:30p.m. I knew I was having dinner with Maya and wanted to take a nap before we met. So I didn't feel too guilty about leaving a little early, I brought my computer and some work home with me to do on the weekend. After a nice cat nap, I got up and headed to the Eaton Centre to meet Maya at 7:00p.m. We decided to go to Jack Astor's for dinner. I had a snack before leaving home, so I just had the chicken quesadilla's. Maya looks fantastic. I hadn't seen her in a while. I think I need to get back to working out.
Saturday during the day, I lazed around at home in the morning and then headed up to the Danforth to look for somewhere to get a pedicure. A new salon has just opened. Le Nails. It was pretty nice. The man who did my toes was a little rough but he did a good job. They even give out free juice and pop. Their salon is just a week old, so they are looking for customers. It's nice to know there is a nail place in the neighbourhood so I don't have to make my way over to Pink Peony all the time. I got home and it was time to start getting ready for the wedding. I went in the shower and then we headed to Fariena and Russ. Once we got there, they were just waking up from a nap. We all got ready and headed to Woodbine Banquet Hall. It was a small affair of about 700 people. Of course it was an Indian wedding. Who else has that many people at a wedding!!!! The bride looked stunning. The program ran a little late so dinner wasn't served until 10:30p.m. Thank goodness I had two plates of hors doerves earlier on. After dinner the dance floor opened and dessert was served (waffles and crepes). Of course, not that I was hungry but I had to have dessert anyway :)
Check out this link on Youtube to see the happy couple. You don't have to watch the whole thing, just the beginning part is the cutest part.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Winderaw
On Sunday, Raju and I were very tired and would have liked nothing better than to sleep all day, however it was not to be. We were invited to a BBQ at his friend's house. They are pregnant and I have not seen them since the announcement so I felt that we really should go. Also, I haven't seen any of his friends in a while as I haven't gone to any of their events lately, so I felt I should re-connect again. It was at Dundas and Brock so we hopped on the streetcar and headed across the city. We left there at about 3:45 to head back across the city to The Beach as we were meeting Raju's family for a post Mother's Day dinner at Il Fornello. Queen street was packed so it took a while and we finally got there after 5:00p.m. Dinner was very nice. I don't hang out in the beach very often. I also realized it's not that far from our house. Maybe I'll be convinced to ride and Raju and I can ride our bikes over to the beach every now and then. When we got home I felt like something chocolaty and cakey so I made chocolate cupcakes. Thankfully I had a cake mix in my cupboard so it didn't take long. No icing, but ice-cream works just as well.
We were so tired after our busy weekend that we were in bed by 10:30p.m.
This morning we woke bright eyed and bushy tailed at 7:00a.m. And feeling less tired than we had all weekend. Since I have gotten up, I have put the dishwasher on and emptied it, run to china town for some veggies and stuff for dinner, sort of mowed the lawn, done some work, watched Desperate Housewives, cleaned a couple of drawers in the kitchen and caught up on everyone's blogs.
I'm feeling like a pig as I read about everyone's diets. I think I'm eating enough sugar and wheat for all of you. I'm not feeling great about it either, so now that I've updated this I'm heading upstairs to put in My Fitness Coach and get back on the workout wagon. Maybe I need to make a bet with someone to keep me motivated. Maybe after you guys finish your diet bet this month we can come up with something next month. Make it easy on me though. I'm not as hard core as you ladies are.

No comments: