I love Friday's!!!! Today I was feeling adventurous, so I met Adina and Rosie for lunch and we headed to a restaurant on King called Chic Chinoise. I was expecting carts going by where you got your food from and a crowded restaurant. It wasn't like that at all. The restaurant was nicely decorated and not crowded at all. We had a Dim Sum menu that we chose our items from and then they brought it to our table. All very civilized. To me it was the Asian version of small plates or tapas. And since Dim Sum has been around for a while I guess maybe they started the whole thing.
I thought the food was pretty good and reasonably priced. It was $40 for the 3 of us. I'm not sure what my favourite dish was, everything was pretty good. Shrimp dumplings, beef short ribs, beef tenderloin buns, Tempura King Mushrooms and sweet potatoes, sticky rice with chicken wrapped in lotus leaf, crab leg with shrimp puree, and crispy chicken puffs.
Tonight has been a busy one in the kitchen. As we are celebrating Mother's Day tomorrow, I was preparing desserts. Cheesecake and Upside down pineapple cake. I'll let you know the verdict after they have been eaten tomorrow.
And we have a new raccoon come to have her babies in our window well. This one is not as bright as the other one. Raju stuck the branch back down, but she still can't seem to figure out how to get out with her babies. We managed to chase Mommy raccoon away but the babies were still in the window well. Mommy raccoon returned and we turned the light on downstairs and it seemed irritating to the Mommy raccoon but still she couldn't figure out what to do. We've turned off the lights and hopefully when we wake up tomorrow she'll be gone with her brood.
No comments:
Post a Comment