Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day 7

Times goes by pretty quickly. I can't believe a week has gone by from my 30 day challenge. I guess it's not been too hard as I've already had two rest days. Today I increased my workout to medium intensity. It was supposed to focus on my upper body but I found that we did quite a few exercises on my legs as well. I am noticing that there is not a lot of time spent on ab work so I don't think I'll be getting my abs of steel with this workout regime.
After I finished I had a quick shower and then it was on to another type of workout. Raju took me out on the bike again. Our first stop was the bike store to buy helmets. I have been after Raju to buy a helmet for himself for a while and finally he got one with me as well. Then we rode to the beach. I'm very slow so I think it took at least twice as long as it would have taken Raju. We started off on roads that had cars and that makes me nervous and then found a bike path that I felt a bit more comfortable on. Once we got to the beach, we sat and watched the volleyball players for about 1/2 hr and then headed back home. I'd say it was about an hour of riding time and my butt is feeling it already. They should really make more comfortable bike seats. I still feel very nervous but maybe if I get out once a week I'll start to get more comfortable with it.
The bike ride tuckered me out so I had a good 3 hour nap when we got home. Once I awoke again I headed into the backyard to do some cleaning up. Having the big tree is great but it leaves a mess (no pun intended). I managed to clean up quite a few of the leaves but am sure there will be a ton more in a week. Tomorrow I'm hoping to tackle the front of the house. Let's hope the weather cooperates.

1 comment:

Princess Di said...

You need to get a 'gel' bike seat. They conform to your butt (like the Dr. Scholl insoles.)