Monday, May 25, 2009

Day 2

I am happy to say that I'm still sticking to the 30 day challenge and completed Day 2 today. I decided on a low intensity workout but was still sweating by the end of it. I also opted to not use the Wii balance board which was better so I didn't have to keep taking my running shoes off and on. I was going to try and exercise this morning but was too tired to wake up early so I did my workout when I got home. I was still pretty energetic at the end of my workday (which is rare) so it worked out ok.
About a week ago Raju got me a bike. His friend PC was getting rid of an old one, so Raju decided to take it off his hands. He took it to the bike store and they fixed it up so that it apparently rides like new. I had a bit of a reprieve as Raju took his bike in and used this one until it was fixed. Now they are both in working order and Raju is on a mission to get me riding. Tonight he badgered me until I finally said ok, but only a short ride. And by short I meant 10 minutes maximum. I'm very wobbly on it, so we went to the school ground where fortunately he ran into someone he knew, so I got to rest for a bit, then we rode down the street and back home again. It was good that I managed to get back with no scrapes or bruises. I think I may feel a bit safer with a helmet, so we'll have to go out and get them soon. If the weather is nice this weekend I have promised Raju I will go on a longer bike ride. I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up but I guess it is a bit of exercise.

2 comments:

sally said...

maybe you guys should do the Ride for Heart??? :)

Saads said...

Let's not get crazy now!!!