TIFF time for Raju is a crazy busy time. Every year he has to watch a ton of movies and go to several parties. I know it doesn't really sound like work but I have to say that it does tucker him out. Just because he parties until 3:00/3:30a.m. doesn't mean he gets to sleep in. He's up watching a movie at 9:00a.m. the next morning. This year he didn't seem to party as much but still seemed busy.
In 2008 we were invited to a Hello! Canada TIFF party that I blogged about. I was so excited to meet the Breakfast Television crew. It was the highlight for me.
This year we were again invited to the party. The editor in chief Alison Eastwood was Raju's first boss when he returned from University. The party was held at the Ritz-Carlton and the dress was cocktail-chic. What was I to wear? I ended wearing a long black dress I had. Sorry I didn't take any pictures this time around.
When we got there, there were tons of fans lined up outside just waiting for a chance to see a star. Raju went outside at one point and said he saw Keira Knightly leaving.
There were quite a few people at the party and lots of Canadian talent. I said to Raju that it was weird because I would see people and smile to say 'hi' as if I knew them but realized afterwards they didn't know me, I just know them because I see them on TV everyday. The City TV crew was there, cast members from Little Mosque, Yannick Bisson, cast from Being Erica, Monica Schnarre, Property Brothers, Steve and Chris (designer guys) and many more. We had a chance to talk to Frank Ferragine (Frankie Flowers) and his wife. They were very nice. Raju, the ever proud father, showed off the ultrasound picture of the baby whenever he got a chance. I said 'Hi' to Kevin Frankish. We met a woman named Elise who was in love with the Property Brothers. We convinced her to talk to them and at least let them know she enjoyed their show. Raju had the opportunity to introduce himself to a big ROGERS guy (I can't remember his name).
It was really nice to dress up and get out, but at 11:00p.m. I asked Raju if we could leave because my feet were starting to hurt. I think that party may have been winding down anyway and that people were on their way to the next. It seems like the big stars don't like to show up until 3:00a.m. in the morning anyway.
When we left we were treated to a SWAG bag. It was nice to get something that didn't consist of any 'coupons' or flyers. This was my stash:
Hello! Canada Magazine
Book - Spin by Catherine McKenzie
Box of Black Magic Chocolate
Movie - Coco Chanel (I think it's in French with English subtitles)
Calvin Klein perfume - Forbidden Euphoria
L'Oreal gift bag consisting of hairspray, lipstick, eyeshadow and eye-roller
$50 BCBG Gift card
Thanks Hun for taking me out!
No comments:
Post a Comment