Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Looong Weekend

I love long weekends especially when they are extra long.  I took Friday off as well for Raju and I to continue his birthday celebrations.  We started the day off with a trip to Stillwater Spa.  I treated Raju to a massage and got one myself.  They have an aqua therapy massage that I thought would be interesting especially with my big belly.  I agree that it was interesting.  I would not recommend it, if you are nervous of the water.  It took a bit of getting used to as you had to relax and trust that you would be supported in the water by the therapist.  My ears were also under the water so the sound of the water rushing around I also needed to get used to.  I managed to do that and it was pretty cool.  However if you are looking for a deep tissue massage this may not be for you.  In the water it's more about pressure points.  While that was good I like the deep rubbing that goes with a massage.  I'm glad I tried it out though as the floating was very neat and comfortable when you are pregnant.  I think if you really let yourself go and put yourself quite literally into the hands of the massage therapist it can be a very good experience.
After our massage we headed to The Pilot for lunch.  We sat on the rooftop deck and even heard some of the planes as they practiced for the airshow.
After lunch we headed back home and decided to run some errands.  First stop Gerrard Square.  We headed to Home Depot to check on BBQ's again and then to Winners.  Next stop, liquor store so Raju could pick up some beer for the weekend and finally, Canadian Tire so I could pick up a rug for the nursery.
Saturday Raju was up very early and headed to another Home Depot to pick up a Charcoal BBQ that he really wanted.  He came back home and suggested we check out the Brickworks.  It is so close to our house and we have never been.  They apparently have a great Farmer's market on Saturday's, so I got dressed and we headed out there.  It is beautiful  They have a lovely 'park' area where you can go for a walk.  I hadn't really come prepared for that.  I would love to go back sometime just to walk around.  The farmers' market was busy but had some things I've been looking for.  I picked up maple butter and walnut raisin bread to make a sandwich that I have been craving for a while.  Next on our stop was Raju's workplace.  I had ordered wall decals for the nursery that had been shipped to his office so we went to pick them up.  As we were next to the Loblaws we decided to do some grocery shopping while we were there.
We got back home, unpacked our groceries and made lunch.  I made apple cheddar sandwiches on raisin walnut bread.  Then I decided to take a bit of a rest.  Raju was going to make another sandwich and realized that he couldn't find the blue cheese he had just bought.  I was convinced it was in the fridge but upon further investigation realized it wasn't there.  We still haven't found it but figured we'd smell it if it was hiding somewhere.  We must have accidentally left it at the store.  After a slight rest we headed to Pickering for more Eid celebrations at my Uncle's house.  There was so much food, just thinking about it makes me full.  At 8:00p.m. I was tired so we came back home and basically I climbed right into bed.
Sunday and Monday were home puttering days.  I realize that time is going by and I need to organize.  Saturday morning was spent cleaning and in the afternoon Camilla and Jack came over.  Camilla was so helpful in setting up the crib and nursery with me.  Raju did a great job of BBQing on his new charcoal BBQ.  It was also fun to have Jack around.  He's speaking now, so it's fun to hear what he has to say.
Sunday PC came over and helped Raju move the change table upstairs into the nursery.  I think it's just about set-up and the only thing missing is some baby clothes and the baby.  I did some more cleaning and feel like the house is slowly getting into some sort of order.
So this weekend had some fun and work included and at the end of it, I felt like I accomplished what I needed to.

No comments: