Monday, September 19, 2011

Lunch with a former President

Today I volunteered to help out with a work event.  There was a luncheon being put on at the Hilton hotel for all of our Vice Presidents and some of our clients and insureds.  The guest speaker...George W. Bush.  I didn't really have any desire to hear him speak, but they needed help with registration and I figured I'd spend a couple of hours doing that and then head back to work for the afternoon.  After our registration duties we were invited to lunch and to listen to Mr. Bush speak.  I have to say that I was surprised.  He was entertaining and stood by the decisions he made while in office.  I may not agree with his political views or what he did, but he was an engaging speaker that kept my attention (for the most part).  I'm still not sure what the messaging is behind having him speak to our clients but it was an experience that you don't get that often.

No comments: