Friday, September 30, 2011
Sweets and more Sweets
Today I took the day off to spend some time with my Mom. We were going to attend the first ever Canada Baking and Sweets Show. Camilla dropped her off in the morning and we headed out around 10:00a.m. First stop - Sherway Gardens. I hadn't been there in a while and we thought we would go to walk around. We didn't really do much shopping while we were there just some perusing and I would keep pointing out my stroller to my Mom (a lot of people have them). After we wandered around we headed to Toys R Us. I needed to return something and wanted to pick up a few items I would need for my hospital bag and right after baby is born. We then headed to the Baking Show. It wasn't huge but if you like sweet stuff this is the place for you. There were lots of stalls selling their baked goods. Neither my Mom nor I have a huge sweet tooth so we didn't partake in much. I did buy a cupcake making set that I'm going to try out on my niece and nephews next week for Thanksgiving but other than that didn't really find much to buy. Maybe as the years go on, more vendors will decide to participate. I was looking for more baking tools to purchase. Maybe it was a good thing there wasn't really anything that caught my eye. I know my wallet thanked me. After all that walking around we headed to East Side Mario's where I treated my Mom to lunch (she had been paying for everything else that day), then to the grocery store so I could pick up some staples and finally got back home around 4:45p.m. It was a full day, but a nice mother-daughter bonding day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment