Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Civic Weekend Happenings

This long weekend just crept up on me.  I didn't really see it coming, but I won't complain about getting an extra day to sleep in.  These days when I find it hard to find comfortable sleeping position I welcome the extra hour or two in the morning where I can get in a few zzzzzz's.
Saturday Raju was still at his parents so I puttered around the house cleaning rooms, doing laundry and even baked a chocolate cake and crumbled it in preparation for cake balls.
When Raju got home, I marinated some chicken legs which he BBQ'd and we had that for dinner.  As a treat for dessert and to get my walk in, we headed to Ed's for ice-cream.  I tried Diana and Gerwyn's trick of half and half scoops.  I got a half scoop of Raspberry white chocolate and a half scoop of Cookies and Cream.  It was delicious.  We found a bench in the park and leisurely ate our ice-cream and then continued on back home.  Back at home, I formed the cake balls and put them in the fridge to be finished the next day.
Sunday was Rayman Family Picnic Day.  However we started off with Brunch at Lady Marmalade.  I really try but there isn't anything on that menu that I really like.  I ended up with a crepe filled with fruit covered with a berry sauce.  The sauce made it too sweet for my liking but I'm glad I had the fruit as I have not been eating very healthy lately.  We returned home so Raju could write his weekly column.  It took a bit longer than expected so we did not head out to the picnic (which was in Ajax) until 3:00p.m.  It was nice and I got to see my cousin Sam who is also pregnant.  They are due about 6 weeks later than us.
It was my belly debut with the family.  It's always great to get together with the Rayman side as we don't see them often.  My Mom of course had a 'care package' aka food for us to bring with us.  On the way back we popped in to see Raju's Mom.  I thought she looked better so that was good to see.  We ended the day by renting Source Code on Rogers on Demand.  We didn't enjoy it much at all.  I must say that at least I stayed awake for the entire movie when I usually fall asleep.  It just went nowhere for me.
Monday I decided to be very productive.  Camilla had mentioned to me that she would be bringing the baby furniture next week with my Uncle's help, so I first attacked the end room where I would like to put a day bed and in my mind can see how that will work.  Then I went to the spare room.  I had Raju bring me the vacuum so I could clean the mattress and then he helped me wrap it in plastic and take the bed frame apart, so it's already for transportation.  Camilla called around 8:00p.m. to ask if she could drop by quickly as they were picking up a book shelf she wanted to drop one off.  I said sure, so they came by around 9:00p.m.  The boys were still wide awake and Ryan gave me an Elmo post-card for the baby.
After all that it was time to hit the sack.  I guess this is just the beginning of the preparations.

No comments: