Today I did a lot of eating. At work we had a luncheon for a woman who I have grown close to who is retiring. It was very nice. A select few of us were invited to the St. Andrew's club where we had a private room with a catered lunch. They even had alcoholic drinks (unfortunately I could not partake in those). It was all very civilized and the speeches were very touching and endearing. Happy Retirement Sharon!
After work I got in the car and headed out to Pickering for Eid celebrations. It took me about an hour and I got to my Aunt's house just in time for a quick bite to eat. The food was delicious as usual but they were heading out to some other family so I really just stayed there for 20 min. and then went to my other Aunt's house where I hung out for an hour with them and my parents and Camilla and kids. They will be having another Eid celebration on Saturday so I didn't really need to stay too long.
All the driving and rushing has left me exhausted though! I'm not as young and spry as I used to be.

No comments:
Post a Comment