Thursday, August 11, 2011

Annual Summer Show

We seem to have gotten into a routine of every summer being invited to the Cirque de Soleil show.  This year it is Totem.  So amidst all the craziness going on in our lives it was nice to take a night off and enjoy a show.  I always enjoy these shows as it amazes me the things that people can do.  There is no fear, balance, strength and flexibility that I cannot even imagine having.  Last night was the media night.  I still get 'starstruck' even by the local celebrities.  I suppose Raju is kind of one as well, so he should be amongst the crowd.
Prior to the show I met Raju at work and we went for dinner at Against The Grain.  It is a new restaurant opened in the Corus Building on Queen's Quay.  I'm not sure I will go there often as many of their dishes have some beer inspired theme or contain pork.  If you like those items, then this may be the place for you.  We sat outside near the boardwalk and had a few moments of uncertainty as a dark cloud passed over head.  Fortunately it did not rain and we were able to enjoy a nice dry meal.
It was a nice date night that I'm starting to realize we aren't going to have many of very soon.  I'll have to take all the alone time I can get with husband in the coming months.

No comments: